Job Title: Yard Forklift Operator 3
Position Reports To: Yard Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly
Position Purpose Summary: A Forklift Operator 3 moves trailers of product with a switcher truck and assists in unloading and loading vegetables.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Serve the needs of customers and all stakeholders
- Adhere to all Food Safety and GMP Policies
- Unload incoming loads of raw products onto designated storage space
- Load raw products into the outdoor hoppers
- Work with scale house to ensure proper products are stored and loaded
- Switch trailers (using a yard hostler / switcher truck) to ensure raw product availability
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge and experience in forklift/loader/switcher operations
- Above average skills in attendance
- Excellent skills in safety
- General knowledge of yard operations
Education and Experience:
- Years of experience: 7 months - 1 year
- Specialized training in forklift operations and safety; forklift license
- Other: ability to push piles of product with loader/hooking trailers to switcher truck
Physical Demands of the Position:
- While performing the duties of this positon, the employee must be able to Sit,stand,use hands and fingers, bend, walk, push/pull
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to variable tempatures of both heat and cold; exposure to wet and snow.