Job Title: Production Fork Lift Operator 1
Position Reports To: Production Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly
Position Purpose Summary: The Production Forklift Driver is responsible for running the scales, and hauling finished product to the frezzer. Additionally, keeping all productions lines full with pallets and packaging. All drivers must have a company issued forklift licence in their posession at all times, and are responsible to maintain a clean, safe, and organized area. Applicable department/area of responsibility training to be completed and maintained.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Serve the needs of customers and all stakeholders
- Adhere to all Food Safety and GMP Policies
- Fill out daily production records completely, correctly and legibly.
- Tape all totes with no more that 4" hanging from each side.
- Label all trash bins with appropeate labels (ie: Waste, Plastic Cardboard)
- Label all byproducts totes with a time stamp sticker
- Ensure correct pallets are used for each customer contract.
- Ensure that labeling and counts are correct on finished product pallets
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Report any and all accidents (including near miss accidents) immediatly to supervisor
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Above average skills in safety
- Excellent skills in attendance
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English; work well with others; tell the difference between all grades of pallets.
- General knowledge of forklift operations and safety measures
- Experience in driving a forklift
- Other: must possess or have the ability to obtain a valid forklift license.
Education and Experience:
Physical Demands of the Position:
- While perfomring the duties of this position, the employee must have the ability to lift up to 60lbs; ability to sit, stand or walk for prolonged periods; enter and exit the Hi-lo cab multiple times throughout the work day.
- While performing duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to wet and slippery floors, occasionally moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud; Variable temperatures of both heat and cold.