Master Electrician/Journeyman Electrician
Position Reports To:
Position Purpose Summary: Electricians are responsible for any electrical maintenance, upgrades, and repairs within the facility. They must also be willing and able to communicate and work well with others.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all Food Safety Policies and GMP practices.
- Use/wear all personal protective and safety equipment required by the company.
- Become the Electrical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Arbre Farms.
- Operate heavy equipment, including but not limited to forklift, scissor lift, and boom lift.
- Install new and used equipment throughout the facility, including the rooftop.
- Install, maintain, and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues, including motors, fuses, transformers, transfer switches, wiring, and circuits. Testing of electrical systems with oscilloscopes, voltmeters, ohmmeters, etc.
- Work as part of a cross functional team to assist and provide technical support on projects where needed. Assist with planning, coordinating and scheduling work with those departments.
- Determine inventory and spare part needs for control, instrumentation and other electrical systems.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance duties and fill out the proper support documentation. Ensure all predictive and preventive maintenance activities are scheduled and occur on a regular basis. This includes the routine inspections of instruments, equipment, GFCI testing, installations, and portable equipment including all supporting documents.
- Update applicable company records and prepare relevant documents, plans, budgets, and reports as it relates to your department or job.
- Ensure technical materials such as equipment manuals, system drawings, schematics, and blueprints are maintained for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
- Comply with company required safety training, including but not limited to: GMP practices, lockout/tagout, proper lifting, and other safety training.
- Trouble shoot and repair scales.
- Train and mentor apprentices and other applicable employees on equipment knowledge obtained from attending training courses and create work instructions where applicable.
- Guide/oversee one or more lower level electricians or maintenance team members.
- Sourcing or fabricating replacement electrical components. Help during emergencies day or night.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Effective reading, writing, communication, and computer skills.
- Ability to obtain necessary certifications/licenses.
- Should possess knowledge in order to troubleshoot and repair PLC systems and VFDs.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills needed to calibrate all instrumentation loops including temperature, pressure, flow, turbidity, weight, and mass density. Other: basic mechanical experience, must be able to work independently.
Education and Experience:
- Master Electrician or
- Journeyman Electrician Certification o Willing to work on advancing certification.
- Knowledge of local and national electrical codes High voltage (480v) and low voltage experience PLC experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience as an electrician is preferred.
Physical Demands of the Position:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to sit, stand, or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee must be able to work in multiple climates and work environments including, but not limited to: dirt, heat, freezer, smoke/steam, noise, vibration, grease/oil, fumes, dust/shavings, and wet environments; variable temperatures of both heat and cold.