Production Operators and Material Handlers needed in the Walker area!
Resume is required.
Full time. Monday – Thursday. Fridays are usually voluntary overtime.
1st and 2nd shift.
Must be able to stand 8-12 hours, lift 35-50 lbs, bend, twist pull, pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Steel toe shoes or boots required.
Production Operators – $11/hr. Must have manufacturing experience and solid work history.
Material Handlers – $13/hr. Must have hilo experience and solid work history.
Are you ready to start working immediately and looking for a position that gives you the opportunity for growth? If so, we are currently hiring motivated individuals on behalf of Steelcase in the South East Grand Rapids area.
Steelcase Inc. is a global leader in office furniture, interior architecture and space solutions for offices, hospitals and classrooms. It has been one of the leading office manufacturers for over a hundred years.
What’s in it for you?
- Entry level position with on the job training
- $150 retention bonus
- $100 bonus after 30 and 90 days worked
- Automatic pay raise of 25 cents after 60 and 180 days
- Perfect attendance bonuses
- Suggestion Bonuses
- Meritorious Performance Pay raises
- The ability to be hired by Steelcase after a minimum of 3 months ( 480 Hours )
- Very clean environment with opportunities for advancement
These are entry level positions, and the responsibilities may include:
- Trim- Assembling and packaging many different types of product on a conveyer line.
- Need to be able to read, process, and scan tickets to match product to necessary packaging.
- Need to be able to use computers, and some hand tools.
- Will be standing the entire shift.
- Expected to be flexible and rotate to different positions throughout the line.
- 1st shift start times vary between 4:45 am to 7 am
- 2nd shift start time vary between 2:30 pm to 4 pm
- No previous experience required
- Ability to lift up to 35 – 50 lbs
- Ability to move between positions – Flexibility
- Ability to Bend, twist, grab
- Ability to stand for 8+ hours a day
- Ability to work Saturdays and overtime when requested
- Must have own transportation – These positions are NOT on the BUS line
- Ability to meet/understand Steelcase Safety Requirements
All shifts available ! 1st shift 6am – 2 pm, 2nd shift 2pm – 10 pm, and 3rd shift 10 pm – 6am.
$15.11 per hour to start!
Steel Toed boots required. All other personal protective safety equipment provided.
You must be comfortable working around moving machinery.
This is a physically demanding job. Applicants will be working in a noisy, dusty environment.
67-100% of the shift will require grasping, reaching, handling and fine manipulation of items weighing from 1 to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifting up to 75 pounds.
This job requires bending, reaching, pushing/pulling, some climbing and stooping.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually inspects castings/parts – looking for defects such as: blow holes, sand holes, shrink, imperfect gates, crush, etc. – noting variances in part from visual criteria sheet/customer specifications.
- Finishes parts by observing if the part meets cosmetic standards (surface appearance or determining any defects), removing remaining ‘risers’, grinding down ‘gate’ surfaces, and comparing to visual criteria sheet image and according to work instructions.
- Operates various grinders to remove excess metal from parts.
- Operates various automated cells to process castings.
- Operates a fork truck.
- Communicates (verbally) with peers, facilitators, and supervision to inform them of conveyor-system glitches, casting inconsistencies, quality concerns, maintenance requests, supply problems, etc.
- Work in other areas/departments when needed (i.e. shakeout, core set, melt, etc.).
- Troubleshoots work-related problems by trying to determine the source of the problem.
- Uses precision-measurement devices to ensure compliance with customer/project specifications as defined in the visual work instructions.
- Defines/categorizes defects determining if the part is to be scrapped.
Experience in manufacturing environment preferred but not required.
Paint Line workers – Currently have openings for Paint line operators in the Cadillac area.
All shifts available Pay Rate $10.00
Assembly workers – Currently have openings at multiple companies in the Cadillac area for general assembly workers pay rates and job responsibilities vary by position.
Pay rates $9.50 to $12.00
Walkerville Oceana County
Year round positions packing and sorting cherries and other fruit. Work (4) days and then have (4) days off. 12 hour shifts, working 15 days a month. NO EXPERIENCE, WILL TRAIN.
Day shift 7am-7pm $10.75 per hour
Night shift 7pm-7am $11.25 per hour
Local Traverse City company needs three people to build trusses. Must be able to work in a production team building trusses. Experience with “swinging a hammer” is preferred.
1st shift (straight eight hour shift)
6am – 4pm Monday – Friday
Monday – Friday $10.00 per hour.
Established custom corrugated packaging manufacturer in Traverse City.
1st shift (6am-2pm) $11.00 per hour Assembly worker – assembling cardboard pieces and parts.
2nd shift (2pm-10pm) $11.75 per hour Production worker – lifting sheets of cardboard in bundles feeding them into computerized machines that make folds, cuts and prints.
1st shift Parts Hangers needed in Traverse City.
7:00am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday.
$11.00 per hour.
Working on a line loading and unloading parts from pallets or hanger.
Fast pace lifting, bending and standing.
No Experience, will train. Steel toe boots are required.