All shifts available ! 1st shift 6am – 2 pm, 2nd shift 2pm – 10 pm, and 3rd shift 10 pm – 6am.
$15.11 per hour to start!
Steel Toed boots required. All other personal protective safety equipment provided.
You must be comfortable working around moving machinery.
This is a physically demanding job. Applicants will be working in a noisy, dusty environment.
67-100% of the shift will require grasping, reaching, handling and fine manipulation of items weighing from 1 to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifting up to 75 pounds.
This job requires bending, reaching, pushing/pulling, some climbing and stooping.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually inspects castings/parts – looking for defects such as: blow holes, sand holes, shrink, imperfect gates, crush, etc. – noting variances in part from visual criteria sheet/customer specifications.
- Finishes parts by observing if the part meets cosmetic standards (surface appearance or determining any defects), removing remaining ‘risers’, grinding down ‘gate’ surfaces, and comparing to visual criteria sheet image and according to work instructions.
- Operates various grinders to remove excess metal from parts.
- Operates various automated cells to process castings.
- Operates a fork truck.
- Communicates (verbally) with peers, facilitators, and supervision to inform them of conveyor-system glitches, casting inconsistencies, quality concerns, maintenance requests, supply problems, etc.
- Work in other areas/departments when needed (i.e. shakeout, core set, melt, etc.).
- Troubleshoots work-related problems by trying to determine the source of the problem.
- Uses precision-measurement devices to ensure compliance with customer/project specifications as defined in the visual work instructions.
- Defines/categorizes defects determining if the part is to be scrapped.
Experience in manufacturing environment preferred but not required.